Woodlawn Long-Term Homeowner Repair Grant
The Woodlawn Long-Term Homeowner Repair Grant program is NOT accepting any new applications.
The Woodlawn Long-Term Homeowner Repair Grant Program provides eligible homeowners in the Woodlawn neighborhood with up to $20,000 for exterior home repairs and costs.
Eligible home repairs include – but are not limited to – roofs, windows, entryways, porches and masonry. Up to 30 percent of the total grant amount may be used for interior health and safety improvements, including repairs to heating, electrical and plumbing systems.
Note: The $20,000 includes architectural, permit, and other costs.
General Eligibility Requirements
Homeowners must meet the following requirements to be eligible for a grant:
- Property located in the Woodlawn community
- 1-4 unit property, owner occupied and primary residence
- No overdue water bill or parking tickets
- No current grant lien on property, unless it’s over five years old
- No previous MMRP / Target Block Grant in the past five years
- Owned and lived in the property for the past five years
- Current on property taxes
- Not in foreclosure
All household members 18 years and older must not exceed the following annual income guidelines
City of Chicago Area Median Income Chart:
Maximum eligible gross incomes are shown for household sizes in chart below.
|Number Of People
In Your Household
|Maximum Allowable Income
- Proof of ownership
- Copy of recorded deed and/or copy of your most recent mortgage statement
- Proof of Household Income (ALL persons 18 and older)
- Copy of 2019 & 2020 Federal Income Tax Returns and ALL scheduled INCLUDING W-2 Statement AND 3 recent pay stubs (showing year-to-date earnings)
- Copy of 2021 Social Security Monthly Award Letter
- Copy of IRS 1099 Form for Social Security or Pension Benefits (2021 Pension Monthly Statement)
- Public Assistance Award Letter
- Proof of Homeowners Residency (ALL persons 18 and older)
- Driver’s License or
- State of Illinois ID Card
- Proof of Homeowners’ Property Insurance in Effect
- Copy of Homeowners Insurance Declaration Page
- Lease(s) for Rental Units
- If two or more units within the property
Please thoroughly review General Eligibility Requirements, Income Eligibility, Documents Required, and Application Instructions before starting your application.
Completed applications can ONLY be sent by mail, by FAX to 773-329-4021 or dropped off at our Central Office or South Side Hub, located at:
- NHS Central Office (Wicker Park): 1279 N. Milwaukee Ave., Suite 400, Chicago, IL 60622
- NHS South Side Hub (Chatham): 639 E. 87th St., Chicago, IL, 60619
Our offices are open Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm.
Completed applications can be submitted to NHS office locations beginning on Monday, January 3, 2022. Completed applications sent by mail must be postmarked no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, February 15, 2022.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please email our Client Services Team at Homeownership@NHSChicago.org
or call 773-329-4111.