Neighborhood Lending Services (NLS) provides mortgage lending to new and existing homeowners.
Connect With NLS
When you choose NLS, you get a teammate to help you navigate through the homebuying process. Our loan officers will help identify any down payment assistance you may qualify for.
- Calculate how much house you can afford
- Find the mortgage product that meets your needs
- Check for available Down Payment Assistance
- Apply for a loan
- Save your application
- Securely upload your documents
- Check the status of your loan
New Home Loans
Neighborhood Lending Services, Inc. (NLS), the largest non-profit licensed mortgage lender in the state of Illinois. We offer purchase or purchase with rehab loans featuring:
- Down payments as low as 3%
- Qualifying not based solely on credit score
- NLS assigned Construction Specialist to guide you through the rehab process
- Option to buy a home and roll repairs into one loan
We are also experts in identifying opportunities for assistance, including for down payment and closing cost support.
Refinance Your Home
- To potentially lower your monthly mortgage payment
- To finance major repairs or improvements to your home
We lend on the “after rehab” appraised value of the home, and qualified borrowers may be eligible for forgivable loans to help with home repairs.
Become A Landlord, Build Wealth
With the amount you’re spending on rent, not only can NHS get you into a house of your very own, we can also help you buy a multi-unit property and you can become a landlord!
Yes, you can build equity in a property you own, while providing affordable housing for others.
Down Payment Assistance
Don’t let down payment or closing costs get in the away of achieving your goal of homeownership.
Qualified borrowers may receive up to $30,000 in down payment assistance. After applying, your NLS Loan Originator will identify any assistance or grant programs you may be eligible for.
Buying a home is exciting, but there are also many things to consider. NHS’ 8-hour workshop demystifies the process for new homebuyers and can be a refresher for those in the market again trading up.
Securing Your Financial Future
Our two-hour financial capabilities workshop helps you prepare for financial security, whether you are planning to purchase a home or simply looking to improve your finances.
Begin with education
We invest in your financial education because knowledge is power. We offer free courses and webinars weekly.